Sunday, September 4, 2011

Public School

As many of you know, I decided to go to public school this year. After 11 years of homeschooling, public school is definitely a very new and interesting experience. There are simple things that don't seem simple to me because I've never experienced them before. Things like opening my locker, getting lunch and getting to my classes on time.

I decided that I wanted to go to public school 3 days before school started. I was planning on going to Lincoln for two or three classes anyway but after thinking about how much time I would be spending at school, I decided going full time wouldn't be much different. So I thought and prayed about it and I felt led to go into school. Over the last couple of months, I've really felt God calling me to get into the community of Wisconsin Rapids. By going to public school, I hope to use the experience to get to know some of the youth in Rapids and reach out to them. Even though I've only been to school two days so far, I've already seen so many kids who look like they need someone.

So far, school is going pretty good! I enjoy all of my classes except for Geometry, and I like all of my teachers. I don't know hardly anyone in the school, but there are a few people who have been really nice and have tried to get to know me. I would say that one of the biggest things I'm worried about in public school is not doing well academically. I'm a perfectionist and I know it will stress me out if my best work is only a B. My goal is to get good grades in everything and if I don't, it's not going to be because I'm lazy it'll be because I don't understand something. I'm nervous about testing too. I've never really had that many tests that I can't take as much time as I want on.

Overall, I'm excited for the year and I know it will be a great year! The biggest thing I'm going to miss about being homeschooled is the YEAH group. I feel like I'm deserting everyone! I definitely don't want to loose those friendships and I don't plan on it. Also, hanging out with my friends during the school day and being able to have sleepovers during the week is going to be a big loss. Also I can no longer sleep in!!!! ahh! Oh well, a regular sleep schedule will be good for me!

Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment