Friday, June 10, 2011

Haley's 14!

WOW! My little sis turns 14 today. Now THAT is crazy!!! Happy Birthday, Haley!

Right now the thing in my life that is occupying a lot of my thoughts is what I'm going to do next fall after I graduate. In case I'm going to college, my dad wants me to try and decide by the end of the summer. I might take the year off and find a job and work for a year, or I might go straight into something. I'm not sure yet. Right now, I'm mostly considering my options and praying about them.

For a while this decision had me extremely stressed out (still does sometimes) but after talking to my youth pastor about it, I have begun to feel a lot better about things. He told me to think of it as figuring out what I'm going to do next fall and not worrying about the next four years or even the rest of my life. If I am trusting God and in prayer about these things, I'm going to end up where God wants me to be no matter what! This is so comforting!

I know God is calling me to do something with Worship Arts in the future but I don't exactly know what yet. I don't know if I'm being called into full time ministry or being called to just serve on a worship team. I also really want to introduce worship dance in the church and start a dance ministry someday. The cool thing is about this is I don't know if any of this is going to happen but I know I'll be content serving God wherever He leads me. Only HE knows what's best for my life.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." ~Jeremiah 29:11~

That verse is sooo comforting. God has plans to give ME a FUTURE! Exciting! Here are some more verses:

Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails. ~Proverbs 19:21~

Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight.

~Proverbs 3:5-6~

These next couple of years are going to be exciting! I know it!!

~Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment